Thursday, September 4, 2008

Micah's Baby Lincoln

So just a little update on the baby front...the other day Micah and I had our typical conversation, if the baby is going to be a boy or a girl. Just to give you a little background, Micah refuses or is unable to entertain the possibility that the baby might be a girl. He has even named him Lincoln, which I can only assume is due to that being the name of one of his church friends. Our conversation goes something like this...


Mommy: "Micah what should we name our baby?"

Micah: "Lincoln"

Mommy: "But what if the baby is a girl?"

Micah: "But it's not, it's a boy named Lincoln."

Mommy: "But wouldn't it be nice to have a girl since we have Daddy, Micah, Ethan - three boys, but Mommy is the only girl?"

Micah: "Yeah, we need a baby mommy."

Mommy: " So maybe we can have a girl next?"

Micah: "No, after baby Lincoln comes then baby mommy will come. We're going to have three boys and then a girl."

Micah is so adamant about this that he almost has me completely convinced. We are having an ultrasound done in mid-October so the wait is on until then. What do you think? Is three times a charm for a girl or will Micah prevail?

8 comments:

Kim said...

I have not idea?!? Madison just finally gave into the idea that we might have a boy. I can not wait to hear what you are having!
Thankful you are back in blog land.

The Lee Family said...

Micah makes me laugh, he sounds alot like Autumn. She used to tell me that we would have lots of girls and one boy and you know how that's turned out. I hope you get your girl eventually, but you really do have the cutest boys!

Team Heaton said...

You know?! We had this exact conversation with Tyler. But he was set that it was a girl and I fought it and fought it. Well- he was right!!!

Tara said...

Hey! I found your blog from Viola's and I'm so glad I did! Even though we're only blocks away, it's so great to see and hear more about your cute family! I hope you don't mind my lurking.
Feel free to check out our blog, too!

Anonymous said...

The good money is on Micah. Little ones have a sixth sense about this kind of stuff. They also see dead people. ;) J/K! I'll be happy to be home when you finally know the gender! Love ya Rach and Drewdom!!!

-Bean

Rach said...

Hello Drews!! I saw your blog on the Eddington's site. I really hope Micah's wrong, and you do get your girl this time around. If you do have a boy though we will have to induct you into the "Mom of Three Boys Club". It is a very elite and prestigious club!!! =)

Burns Family said...

Wow, that is soooo cute. Reminds me of Austin, he was absolutely sure we were going to have a boy, and we did. We will see when I get pregnant next time.

Phillip and Mary said...

that is hilarious! HOW ARE YOU!? I found your blog through Meika's....I love the blogging world!!!! Congrats on going on three kids~wow! You are as beautiful as ever!