Tuesday, September 30, 2008

On the Home Front...

If any of you were wondering things are going much better here. I haven't posted in a while because I actually have energy and feel well enough to clean my house so I've been playing catch up. My migraines were at an all time worst, and I was getting one almost every day. They have been at bay for over a week now, thanks to Xango Juice (a mangosteen supplement), which Eric's Dad is newly distributing since experiencing it's healing properties for himself. Seriously, you'd have to try it to believe it but I've never been able to fight off migraines before like I have this week so hopefully it will keep up. And the best part is I have no side effects that I experience with medications, which weren't working anyway. So life is good.

My house is getting back to an acceptable state and we are preparing to leave for our first vacation since visiting my parents in D.C. last Christmas. Ironically we are headed back there for a week but we are taking Eric's parents with us this time to enjoy the experience of our nation's capital. So we are really excited for the overdue R&R and to be with family. We fly out on Sunday.

Eric is also taking a week off after we get back to burn some excess PTO. We are planning to use the time to finish the final touch ups in the basement since we passed all of our final inspections today after three long years! Yeah!

Some other exciting news, we are having our ultrasound on the 16th of October, just 4 days after we get back from vaca. Hopefully the baby will cooperate and we'll be able to share the news with all of you.

So lots of exciting things and pics to come. Just wanted to update everyone and let you know where I've disappeared to this time.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Yeah! Vacation!! Let me know if you need us to watch/feed/water anything!
I'm so glad you are feeling better! I hope it stays that way.

We've gotta see the basement when you're done. I'm so jealous! I can't wait to start ours. Maybe some of this overtime Jason's been doing will help.

Phillip and Mary said...

I almost sold Xango! I am so glad it is helping you. Gotta love nature! I am sorry that you get migranes...my exposure to them proves they are horrible. Have fun in DC...it's kinda my neck of the woods, so it'll be fun to know you're close! Can't wait to find out about baby!

Valeri said...

Sorry about all your migraines! That is just horrible. I'm glad the supplement works and that you're regaining some energy. You'll have to tell me more about Xango Juice.

Have a great vacation! Can't wait to find out!! My prediction is girl.

Nova said...

I have had the same problem. I am going to have to try the juice since nothing else has worked. I'll think girl for you. Nova

Hansen Family said...

Please post the sex, it has been days since your appointment!