Friday, July 18, 2008

Here's to less trips to the Porcelian God!...so far...

I'm most definitely going to jinx myself but I haven't experienced any morning sickness yet with this pregnancy. I was starting to get worried that there may be something wrong. But after doing some research online, I found that many mothers have enjoyed nausea free pregnancies and had healthy babies even if they had terrible morning sickness during a separate pregnancy. In my reading I found that morning sickness can start as early as week two but starts most commonly between week four and six. I started week five on Wednesday and so far so good. I was really sick with both my boys. I didn't loose my cookies too often but I constantly felt like I was going to until the end of my first trimesters. So I guess I'll just count my blessings for now and hope my nausea free bliss continues. Not having morning sickness has definitely made it easier to try and keep up with my boys, if that's possible. Maybe I'll enjoy being pregnant more than I expect this time - knock on wood!

8 comments:

Valeri said...

My pregnancies have been pretty similar as far as symptoms go, but completely different as far as when these symptoms kicked in and to what degree they've caused me discomfort. With Chloe the nausea didn't start until week 6 or 7 and lasted until about week 11. With this one I was nauseous before I even knew I was pregnant (from 3 1/2 weeks on, pretty much) up til about week 13 - MUCH more brutal on me. I spent many a day just laying on the couch while Chloe watched movies because doing anything else made me feel as though I was going to lose whatever I'd just managed to choke down! I didn't throw up more than a handful of times during each pregnancy, and the only other complaint about my first trimester (in both pregnancies) was migraines more frequently than usual. Luckily after my 1st trimester with Chloe I didn't get another migraine until after she was born, and so far so good with this one too.

I think the main thing I've noticed as far as differences with my pregnancies has been that the aches, pains and discomforts with Chloe have started much sooner (or been more intense) this time around. I'm already having tightening in my uterus (do I dare call them braxton hicks?) and I've had back pain, greater fatigue (although I have a 2 year old), and I'm gaining weight and getting bigger at a much faster rate. Most of this stuff I didn't even experience with Chloe until I was well into my 3rd trimester! That's all normal though, I hear.

Glad you're feeling well overall. I hope the nausea doesn't hit you, but if it does, take comfort in knowing it's a good sign that everything's going well. I'm happy to bring you ginger ale and crackers or take the kids any time! :)

Kim said...

I'm happy for you! No morning sickness for me with either one of my girls. Maybe this time you will have a sweet girl!!!
Congrads on joining the mini van club.
So glad you started this blog! Love, K

Unknown said...

I knocked on wood for you.

The Goulds said...

I will knock for you too. Mine started after week 8 with both the girls but I hope that you keep it up, it will make life much more comfortable...who knows maybe you will like this pregnancy so much you will have 6 kids!!!!!

Jen said...

Hi Rachel

How r u? Long time no see or talk. I love your blog! I also have one. I think Kim said she gave you the address. http://4chavezfamily.blogspot.com
Your boys r so big now. Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck with everything! Jen

Hansen Family said...

Congratulations Rachel! I am so excited for you. Let's hope that you continue to feel great. Love you.

The Lee Family said...

I am so incredibly excited for you! You're such a sweet mom. And although being pregnant isn't always the funnest, the anticipation of a new baby is awesome. Thanks for being so great to us! I love you guys. By the way--I love your blog, you'll have to teach me a thing or two!

Nova said...

Congrats! Grant's kids are in the Stoker pictures. Can you believe how big they are getting? Love, Nova